Since its inception in 2006, NIRMAN has grown all throughout and its impact can be assessed on multiple dimensions. Some of the key metrics as of Sept, 2016 are as follows:
1. Participants: Total 710 participants have undergone the training and around 130 among them are now working full time on specific social challenges. View stories.
- Gender Composition: Male/Female ratio is 60/40 (per 100)
- Educational Composition: Medical (MBBS/MD/MPH/BDS/), Non medical (Engineers, Artists, Film makers, CA, Entrepreneurs, Social workers, Lawyers, Jouranlists etc.)
- Geographic Spread: 34 out of 36 districts in Maharashtra
- Regional Spread: Vidarbha - 188, Marathwada – 146, North MH – 113, West MH – 84, Pune - 90, Mumbai and Konkan – 86
- Many participants from NIRMAN have gone ahead to pursue advanced degrees from some of the top educational institutions including IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Chennai, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi, SGPGI Lucknow, Johns Hopkins University, Harvard University, University of Pennsylvania, George Mason University, TU Delft Netherlands, Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute Trivandrum, CEPT University Ahmedabad, National Institute of Design Ahmedabad, GSMC & KEM Hospital, LTMMC & Sion Hospital, TNMC & Nair Hospital, GMC Nagpur, MGIMS Sevagram, etc.
2. Media Coverage: There have been over 100 articles, features, news, interviews about NIRMAN in various newspapers, magazines, TV and radio channels, etc.
3. Resource Persons: Since its inception in 2006, so far over 80 state, national and international resource persons have lectured in and facilitated the NIRMAN training process.
4. Fellowships: ~28 NIRMAN participants have received different kinds of fellowships to be able to contribute in the social sector.
5. Major Institutional Support: Society for Education, Action and Research in Community Health (SEARCH), Maharashtra Knowledge Foundation (MKF), Tata Trusts, American India Foundation (AIF), Infosys Foundation, PCF, BAIF Development and Research Foundation etc.
6. Training Camps/Workshops Conducted: So far total 41 distinct trainings spanning ~275 days and ~13,000 person-days.